Using Anchors in Page Content
- Anchors are an excellent way to organise your page content when you have a lot of information on the page. It allows you to create links on a page to other content on the same page i.e. you could have a list at the top of the page which links to each of the relevant headings further down in the content.
- Go to the Content Editor screen for the page that you wish to add anchors to. (See Using the Editor)
- Choose the page content that you want the links to point to i.e. the ending point. Once you have selected this content click on the anchor icon
- A new pop-up window will appear, as shown on the right.
- Enter a relevant Name for your anchor preferably without using spaces.
- Click on the OK button.
- The pop-up window will disappear from your screen. Now you need to select the content that you wish to point the relevant anchor i.e. the beginning point.
- Once you have selected the relevant text click on the Hyperlink icon
- A new pop-up window will appear, as shown on the right. From the list, select the Link to anchor in the text option (not URL). The URL field will change to Select an Anchor by Anchor Name field and will become a dropdown list of the all of the Anchors located within your page content.
- Click on the relevant anchor name. Leave the remaining field empty and click on the OK button to complete your anchor.
- The selected text will now appear blue and underlined indicating that it is now a link.
TIP: After you have created an anchor it is best to ensure that it works properly, do this when you have finished editing the page, create a preview of the page (Select the preview iconin content editor) and click on your new anchor to test.