Inserting Files Using the Media Manager
- The Media Manager icon in the Content Editor allows you to add multi-media files to your page content, i.e. video files, flash media files, animated gif’s etc.
NOTE: The Media Manager does not support any exe (executable) files.
- Go to the Content Editor screen for the page that you wish to edit. (See Section 9.4) and click on the Media Manager icon, as shown on the right.
- The Media Library pop-up window will appear, as shown on the right. It will feature any media files that you already have in your library.
- To upload a file from your computer click on the Upload icon. A new pop-up window will appear as shown to the right.
- Use the Select File field to locate the media file you wish to use on you local computer.
- Give the Media File a name with the Document Name field.
- Select the File Availability option to specify whether the media file is available site wide or only on the page you are editing.
- Once you have completed all of the fields click on the Upload icon. This pop-up window will close and will return you to the Media Library.
- You can click on the View icon to preview the media file, just as it will appear on the page. When you are satisfied with the click on the Media Files Name, it will be a blue underlined hyperlink to insert it into your page content.
- You will see that your Media File will be appear in the page content as the Media File’s Name and will be a hyperlink. If you wish to change the wording place your cursor on the name and make the required changes.