What does the Document Library do?
The Document Management area of your site is used to upload images and documents.
A page module is created for the Document Library, which can have Roles assigned to each category, so that the viewers can be customised.
Setting up the Document Library
- To create a Document Library, click the Modules tab on the top menu, and select Document Library from the list.
- You will need to create a Category prior to uploading your Documents.
Adding a Category
- You will need to create a Category for your documents and images.
- Click Categories from the left hand menu
- Complete the fields in "Add a category"
- You can choose for your Category to be a sub-category of another by selecting the parent category from the drop down list.
- Select how you would like your Categories ordered, and click Save & Close
- Your Category will then be listed above in the Category list.
- The new Category will need to be activated, by clicking the red toggle switch next to the Category name, and it will turn green to show that it is active.
Edit a Category
- Here you can edit your Category by clicking the Edit icon next to your category name.
- You can change the name, description, Category parent or Category ordering preferences.
- When you have completed your changes, click Save & Close.
Assigning Roles to a Category
- To assign roles to the Category select the Roles icon next to the relevant category.
- All Categories are set to Public, by default. This means that any viewer on your Website can see the page.
- To make the Category viewable by a controlled audience, you must first delete the Role "Public", by clicking the rubbish bin button in the Roles menu.
- Select the roles you wish to have access to the Category from the drop down menu, under "Add Role To Member Documents Category". Click Save & Close to add the Users to the list.
- You can add one, or several User Roles to the Category, as desired.
- You can check the list of Users in each Role, by clicking the Role name in the list. This page will now be accessible by only the Users in this list.
Adding a Document
- Now that you have added and activated a Category, you can add documents and images.
- Click Documents from the left side menu
- Select the Category you want to upload your document in to, and click Select
- Complete the fields in the "Add Documents To Site" section, and select your document to upload.
- Valid document formats include; JS, PGN, DOC, PDF, XLS, PPT, ZIP, RTF, TXT, SQL, HTM, HTML, SWF, DOCX, DOCM, XLSX, XLSM, PPTX, PPTM, RSS, CSS, POTX, PSD, AI, JPEG, JPG, PPS, XPS, DWG, WPS, SVG
- Once you have completed all fields, click Save & Close
- Your image will then be listed in the Category Documents, and will need to be activated to show in the Documents Library by clicking the red toggle switch next to the image to turn it green, to show it is active.
Uploading Multiple Documents
- To add multiple documents or images to a Category, select Upload Multiple Documents from the left menu bar.
- Select the Category you wish to upload the documents to from the list.
- You will need to resize your images prior to uploading, or select the check box and designate a size for the images to upload.
- Select your files and images, and click Done
- You will need to activate the new documents to make them visible in the Document Library.
- Once you have Activated the first Category and documents, this will automatically make a Module Page titled Documents Library.
- When you have uploaded your images and documents, you can view them in the Documents page.