Custom Object Module
What does the Custom Object Module do?
A Custom Object is a design element which contains content that may be used on multiple pages. These can be customised for various positions on a page (eg; as a side bar, centre page etc), and may contain information, images, or a call to action (ie; Join our email Newsletters!).
Once created, a Custom Object is inserted on select pages, using Widgets.
Creating A Custom Object
- To create a Custom Object, click Modules from the top tab menu, and select Custom Objects.
- This page will show all Custom Objects currently available for the site.
- Select from the left menu on the Custom Object Administration page
- Give your Custom Object a name, and select where it will be located on a page from the drop down list.
- Click Save & Close
- A pop up will open with the editor for your Custom Object.
- Once you have created your Custom Object Using the Editor, click Save & Publish
- Your Custom Object will now be listed on the Custom Object Administration page. Activate your Custom Object by clicking the red toggle button next to the relevant Custom Object, to make it green, which shows that it is Active.
Adding A Custom Object To A Page
- To add a Custom Object to a page, enter the Page Management by clicking Pages on the top tab menu bar.
- Locate the page you wish to add the Custom Object to, and click on the Widgets icon next to the page name
- Once in the Widgets Administration, select
- Select Custom Object from the Add Widget pop-up, and select your Custom Object from the list. Click
- Your Custom Object will now appear on the page Widgets Page with other active Widgets on that page.
- All Widgets are live immediately after adding them to a page, so it is recommended that you preview the page after adding the Custom Object. Below is how the above Custom Object appears live on this Website
Editing A Custom Object
- To Edit your Custom Object, enter the Custom Objects page, via the Modules tab in the top menu.
- Once you have located your Custom Object from the list, click the Edit icon
- This will take you to the Custom Object editor to make your changes. Once you have completed the edit, click Save & Publish.
Deleting A Custom Object
- To Delete your Custom Object, enter the Custom Objects page, via the Modules tab in the top menu.
- Once you have located your Custom Object from the list, click the Delete icon, and then select OK to confirm.