Adding Content Blocks To A Page
- Content Blocks are used to organise page content, and keep the page neat, informative and attractive.
- There are different types of Content Blocks for different purposes.
- To add a Content Block to your page, you need to be logged in with Admin access, and click on the Pages tab in the top menu
- Select the Widgets Icon next to the page you wish to add a Content Block to. This will take you to a page where you can view all the Widgets currently active on the page, edit and delete Widgets, and Add new Widgets.
- Click on Add Widget to bring up a list of available Widgets for the page.
- From the list on the Add Widget pop-up, select Content Blocks on the left menu.
- Click next to the Content Block you wish to add.
- The Content Block will now be listed on the Widgets page.
Types of Content Blocks
Plain Content Block
- A Plain Content Block, is used to insert general content onto your page, which you would otherwise normally enter via the Content Editor. The reason you would use a Content Block for this content, is to have it appear on your page below, or amongst other Content Blocks.
- Below is an example of a Plain Content Block.
- For more information, see Plain Content Blocks
- Accordions are used to insert content in to drop down information boxes.
- Accordions are a way to organise a page that would otherwise have lots of information, under several headings.
- For more information, see Accordions
- Tabs are used to insert content in to headings, separated by horizontal tabs.
- They can include text, pictures, media and documents.
- For More information, see Tabs
- Quicklinks are used to insert boxed information and/or pictures with links to further information
- Quicklinks can include text, pictures and links
- They are a neat and visually pleasing way to create links to other pages on your website or external sites
- For more information, see Quicklinks
- Display Cards are a fantastic Content Block, for use when you need to display an image, along side text.
- The Display Card aligns the text with the image, and providing the images are uploaded large enough, it will automatically resize and align the images.
- Display Cards act like a two column table, but are mobile responsive.
- For more information, see Display Cards
Re-ordering Content Blocks
- To re-order your Content Blocks on your page, see Page Widgets